Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A Short Farewell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericgibbs

Most Helpful Member
hi,
Many thanks guys for all your kind words guys, they are really appreciated.

Looking back over the past 7 years with ETO, personally have put many hundreds of hours of time, effort and cost into helping to increase the membership, improving technical standards and adding additional technical features to ETO.

For the past 3 years as a Moderator I thought I was doing a fair job, I was often told by Admin, that was the case.

The reason I have stepped down as a Moderator, is because I was asked to step down, I guess as a sacrificial offering to those who who are currently dragging ETO through the mire.

I still wish ETO all best in the coming years, unfortunately due to what has happened I feel I have lost the incentive for investing any more time/effort/cost in trying to promote the site.

But I feel sure you guys will get along just fine, best wishes and good luck

Regards
Eric

ericgibbs,

You will be missed.

Don't think I understand, AT ALL, why you were asked to step down.

I have found your tuteledge and moderation of the highest quality and fairness.

Your leaving is, to me, a sour day for ETO.

Fair and following winds, my friend,

Paul

non illigitamus carborundum

There has to be a few grey hairs here to teach these kids...

This in a sad day indeed

I personally have learned so much from you Eric. Thank you. You will be missed.

Sorry to hear you're dropping your mod role, Eric. Hope you'll still be contributing to the forum discussions, though.

Sorry to hear that Eric, you'll be sorely missed.

hi Nigel,
I sincerely appreciate you nominating me as a Moderator 3 years ago, despite all this upset,:):):) which I could have weathered out, if I had been given the opportunity to do so.

Its the first time I have been sacked from a job in my very long career , an interesting experience.

Best Regards
Eric

Eric is and was a Gentleman right to the end.

God Bless You Eric. You never spoke ill of people ever.
All the best,

tvtech

Last edited:
Hi Eric,

I haven't been around much over the holidays and so I don't know what has been going on regarding a mire. What I do know is that, whatever the mire may be, asking you to step down is a huge mistake. You're one of the most knowledgeable and prolific poster on here and I have always found your moderation to be fair. Lets hope, for ETO's sake, the powers that be reconsider.

All the best whatever the outcome.

Mike.

I don't blame you and wouldn't try to encourage you otherwise.

I was suspected of Trolling TCM and at which point I received a PM in Moderation action of my behavior and without questioning authority I backed out of the Thread forth wit.

I simply walked away from the Thread and did not go back to further inflaming the situation for my own personal needs of satisfaction.

This is what most respected members (who have been my "example" do) when crossing the line. Eric knows who and what happened in his suspected case and I support him 100%. I will admit having a little fun at the time in my suspected issue; but I didn't really do anything to different than TCM's past posts with other members, as most of you have witnessed. I apology's to the Forum for doing so.

TCM was banned for such like offenses, but that is now moot and no longer open to question; as always he generally gains a last word; to wash and steam it away with his brand of factoids that everyone else should respect and admire.

After all is said and done, I did not whimper, whine, PM other people, go to another site and talk about ETO and my personal issues, I did go into the Chat Room and apology's if I started fires or may have opened the door for trolls to challenge people after challenging the wording of one rule TCM had drafted, I really just thought the hole point of one rule was silly. Only here and now will I, defend and mention it; only because I am displeased in Erick's removal and abandonment of the Forum.

All this suspicion of me was because I just wanted clarification with some adult reason for this one rules existence. I did say in the Chat Room that all of TCMs prior issues could have been avoided with communication and level head; in private conversations, and not in the main forum. Level headiness would not be the way I would summarize all such instances that have been publicly seen in dealing with TCM.

Another sad point, GM11 somehow got involved in this hole thing, I feel bad he got mixed up in all of this.

However, unfortunate. He did have the like mind in "TCM" to share his frustration in the resulting aftermath. We shall see improvements in EM's intentions to clear all this and freshen the air in the Forum as needed. Future members might be free from all of this back biting and complaining; working on the forums understanding of many things and opening up communication and providing information will help to some degree in the Future.

But, the Mods shouldn't be bashed by members in the future by 2 or three displeased people to be manipulated at the point of their personal desires. They should just be left to Moderate when informed and that should be it.

Speaking of a level head, in all my dealings with Eric he has always been the same, not much was needed to clear up any confusion; which I had at the time and no action was necessary, it was always clear and concise. He has my respect and admiration.

For the record I hadn't even drank at the time of the offense or my personal issue when I was dealing with TCM and my suspected offense. Only TCMs words were seen in the end just as always. The Joe brand of facts as he sees fit to see; which was deemed Drunken disorderly keyboarding?

In my own defense what had happened was, suddenly my grandkids showed up and I had kids bouncing all over Grandpa, (If you know what I mean?) I was engaging the Grandchildren crawling all over me plus my daughter needing the internet and my main computer. All I had was an iPad to work with and my old eyes were trying to navigate the site. I became a little frustrated when I was nitpicked for missing something in an earlier post and then accused of Drunken misconduct, and whatever.

If that's how he needs to see the situation, no big deal no one could convince him otherwise, it's pointless to even get into it. I have better things to do with what little time I have on earth; rather than try and convince someone on the other side of my keyboard of some stupid point not worth discussing.

It won't change anything and it's no big deal, I don't have to go cry my situation with EM and or a Moderator because someone bruised my "EGO" TCM can have the resolution he desires. As for me I will personally uphold any rules that EM deems fit.

I do not feel I was badgering TCM or trying to create a situation, just a frustrated member looking for a logical answer at a point in changes with the Forum? I was told it would be fair and impartial, I'm not sure that happened in this case. Only the Forum can see it that way or not. It really does not matter as it would not have changed anything anyway. Something needed to break and an a sacrifice made to those who needed their brand of justice and resolution.

In looking for reasoning and answers I found myself an example of how ETOs current rules and moderation is capable of effectively dealing with such cases; all you need is a reasonable compliant member.

No changes, no murmurings, no whimpers.

If I were Eric; I would welcome the retreat from such nonsense and bickering.

Last edited:
Sorry to here you intend to leave the site entirely. Thats not what most member here wanted. I do not feel you need the leave the site either. No one had any issue with the knowledge and experience you brought to the site not even me.

KV. I asked accordingly to the requests and understandings available at the time. That was all. I was placed in charge of that thread by EM and expected to act accordingly.

For everyone else who has an ongoing gripe about what has transpired here and or with whomever was part of it you are aware that Electromater himself is the one who asked for and allowed this whole things to play out as it did. It is his site and he obviously did see and agree that something new needed to be tried.

If you want to point fingers consider that everyone here had him above us the whole time and none of us could have done or said what we did without his authorization and oversight.

As for why I never got permabanned some time ago and ended up where I am now doing what I did. Well lifes not fair but you still have the chance to try again. ;)

Eric, I can't even begin to describe my disappointment in this news. I have enjoyed interaction with you and value what time I had of yours. I appreciate all that you have done to help myself and others.

To put this whole thing in perspective...

Eric Gibbs never ever was bad to me. My feel for him as a Mod is he was way too soft for the job and worked way too hard for all. Not a born Mod. Rather a person who tried to make all happy and then all this crap happened..

That is why I kept saying that Mods are naturally born to Moderate...not something that they are asked to do....

I know that I would be absolutely useless at Moderating a Forum. I would chase all the time wasters away first time they gave me any Crap.

And swear at them too to make sure they don't come back. Ever

The Mod From Hell. Pretty cool title :cool:

ETO has to get back on track as the definitive reference site on the NET. AAC is trying hard to outdo us. As friendly and as caring as some of the Mods there are.....business is business.

Money is money. And we all know money talks.

Thinking here,
tvtech

Last edited:
I don't spend much time in the forum like I did in the past, so I'm amiss of what's transpired. After reading all of the above, I'm still confused as to what and why but, I will say that I always enjoyed Eric's contributions to various threads in the past.

A truly sad day Eric.
Thanks for the massive contribution you have made to ETO.
If you decide to join another forum, please use the same name as I'm sure many of us would like to continue to receive the benefit of your experience.

Please keep this thread to either thanking Eric for his hard work or wishing him the very best in what he chooses and not debating the decisions that I have made. If you do have something that you need to air, please message me personally.

It will be a very big shame if you do leave the forum entirely Eric, you can still do much of what you were doing minus a whole lot of stress.

I really do hope you stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back