Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

7 Transistors Triangle Wave Generator (Highly Linear)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you ericgibbs and all who have respond to this po

Hi,

I have already considered this before and have come up with a way of doing it. Its a true 1:1 triangle, perfect linear but requires too many components so I abandoned it.
Because a perfect linear 1:1 triangle is not what I am looking for, therefore I like this 7 transistors circuit better
Thanks for your suggestion though :)

Hi,

Too many components? The 7 transistor circuit isnt even complete as it stands in the drawing. The circuit i mentioned requires 4 transistors and a few parts, but it's self complete except for the power supply.

What exactly are you looking for here?

Hi,

Too many components? The 7 transistor circuit isnt even complete as it stands in the drawing. The circuit i mentioned requires 4 transistors and a few parts, but it's self complete except for the power supply.

What exactly are you looking for here?

Too many components is what I meant in my drawing, as for your 4 transistors proposal, please be realistic, how can you have a transistor be as a current source and act like a switch to discharge at the same time?
And please, to me a transistor is a component, a diode or a resistor is also a component.

Last edited:
Too many components is what I meant in my drawing, as for your 4 transistors proposal, please be realistic, how can you have a transistor be as a current source and act like a switch to discharge at the same time?
And please, to me a transistor is a component, a diode or a resistor is also a component.

Hi,

Like this (see attachment). That's a pic of the voltage across the capacitor being charged by the constant current transistor stage that is being turned on and off by a square wave. It's not perfectly linear, but it is not too bad either. You can see when the stage is turned on the capacitor ramps up, when it is turned off it stays flat (no charge or discharge).

The simplest constant current circuit using a bipolar consists of a transistor, two low current diodes, and two 1/4 watt resistors (although 1/8 watters or SM might work too). It can be made to source or sink current.

Attachments

• ConstantCurrentCapCharge-01.gif
    ConstantCurrentCapCharge-01.gif
    11.6 KB · Views: 308
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back