Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

12DC Sockets

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the Multimeter's "Freq" selected, it should show "Hi" = VF1 and "Lo" = "Gnd".

AND show 50Hz.

Last edited:
No, I noticed on your test sim you have 'function generator' as input, then you are reading off vf1

I'm trying to use vm2 as input & reading on pcb sim, is that where I'm going wrong? Do I need to ditch voltmeter or will it read through it onto sillyscope or do I need to change input from vm2
Other drop down choices are: channels 1 or 2 or function gen, no battery input?

Get rid of all test instruments. We will start from scratch.

Under T&M select "Multimeter"'

Press the (AC symbol) "V"

Check "HI". If need be, select VF1. This is the designation of the "voltage pin" attached to the circuit and displayed on the schematic It was selected in the "Meters" tab. It's an output point for the multimeter to "see".

Check "LO". If need be, select "Gnd".

Should see "1.41V". This is the RMS (Root Mean Square) value of a 2VAC sine wave signal. This is normal.

Select Freq button. Should see "50Hz".

Does this happen?

I'm on -line. Answer as you can.

Last edited:
Is this for your test sim, that works fine, got a lovely wave on it, I'm just trying to work out why I can't get a wave off pcb sim
I'm off computer for tonight now, I was trying to see what the differences were between your working lovely wave sim & my none wave on any setting pcb 1kHz sim

I think it might be something as stupid as me not knowing how to get sillyscope input

Last edited:
OK. I see.

In the AM (or whenever).

I'll work on that (now that I see what your'e doing).

So KISS isn't a vampire after all :)
Sorry to hear about your health issues KISS, two of my family suffer from migraines that last a week if they even so much as look at dairy products, cheese brings them on within 20 minutes. eek!
They do not look pleasant to watch never mind have :-(
Diabetis seems more commonplace nowadays than it used to be, sounds like you get a tough ole time from sounds of it.
Guess well just have to keep you company where we can :)
I sincerely hope from the bottom of my heart that things improve for you, my dad was diabetic for about 10 yrs, went for check up & it had gone? Strange things happen sometimes, maybe prayers work for non believers as well.
;-)

Goodnight both

Thanks guys. The issues just suck the energy out of you and it's not easy to control. Too much insulin you can die quickly and too little insulin, you die a piece at a time. There is coma on either side and death on either side. When you die slowly, body things start not working properly because of nerve damage. The little head gets affected first and the periphery. I have autonomic nervous system damage. Breathing and heart rate don't communicate correctly. These systems could be regulation of blood pressure from sitting and standing or digestion.

The technology exists NOW to basically fix it, but insurance regulations say no. There is the insulin pump which doc said no, but I was controlled better then. Then there is this little sensor that has a small needle that goes in the stomach tissue with a wireless transmitter. The consumables are about $75 USD for 3 days. This can communicate the instantaneous glucose value to the pump and the pump can only warn. It cannot act on any information per regulations. The sensor needs to be calibrated initially with the finger stick system and the glucose wirelessly send the manually tested glucose value. So, insurance won't pay $10,000 extra dollars to keep you alive and well. Just suppose you need a liver transplant, That would be $100,000 to $400,000.

Pancreas transplants can cure the disease. Islet cell injection could too: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islet_cell_transplantation Both with the anti-rejection regimin of drugs. This disease only gets worse.

My migraines are getting worse because the weather in general is getting worse. I think I can tie the occurrences to exceeding the absolute value of the second derivative of barometric pressure (in Hg) an time (hr) to anything that exceeds 40 in^2h^2 (I hope I got the right units)

I'll be getting the unit in the pics shortly. Notice anything wierd about it? That will be a restoration.

Last edited:
Gosh, that does sound extreme, thinking you were a vampire seemed somewhat more fun.lol
I'm not sure what my take is on tech alongside the human body, I'm torn as I have a lovely young niece with a weak heart, she has pacemaker fitted, internal battery was meant to last 5 yrs, it lasts about 2yrs due to her condition. To be honest it works really well & she has wonderful children so I must support it, the problem comes from others, when she had a lump appear in her shoulder the local doctor arranged an appointment so he could cut the lump out, she was concerned & went back to see her consultant, the lump was her pacemaker wire.eek!

If you find a way to help you through life, good luck to you, although I'm still disappointed your not a vampire lol

That box looks a bit old, hope your going to be fitting new parts.eek! Think after reading about cell transplant, that doesn't sound too bad at all, 58% success rate seems good
I guess it's all down to money at the end of the day......oh, an how long you can suffer my stupid questions.lol

Anyway, you have my best heartfelt wishes for whatever your future holds & thank you for sharing, health can be a touchy subject for some :)

Last edited:
Does 7 senses count? I have the famous sixth sense and I have a 7th sense as well. The ability to predict the weather. I have an overloaded sense (8th) that picks up hydrocarbon vapors (my eyes) My nose is very sensitive to cigarette smells (9th). Then I can detect citric acid, vinegar, nitrates, artificial sugars fairly easily. (10th).

How about bionic? I have a dental implant.

It WAS an FM Tuner that uses tubes. The tubes/valves are missing. Note the dial is upside down and it's marked in channels, not frequency. I have a nice home for it. It was an option for an AM/SW console radio and 78 RPM record player.

ok guys, give me a clue & why have I got channel 1 showing on screen as well

**broken link removed**

just realised Im on collector of T1 so have moved it to T3 but no difference, I have moved positions up & down but no signal other than a flat line **broken link removed**

Last edited:
Sum Ting Wong

VF1 is at the wrong place on the schematic.

Ive moved that, am I meant to be testing on DC

**broken link removed**

Any better

The signal line has moved

**broken link removed**

but I'm curious to know why chn1 is showing on screen, to get the signal line to be level with gnd pin it has to go to about 200v

Last edited:
Guessing: Ch1 and Ch2 are probes. So if your using Cha1, then it should be where Vf1 is.
Cha2 should be hiding or off.

What is VF1?

Guessing: Ch1 and Ch2 are probes. So if your using Cha1, then it should be where Vf1 is.
Cha2 should be hiding or off.

What is VF1?

Chn 1&2 are the output sockets on schematic (see right of sillyscope) am I right in thinking it shouldn't be on screen, how do you turn them off **broken link removed**

VF1 is hopefully **broken link removed** (don't forget I havent a clue, never used sillyscope before this) a pin to give reading on collector of T3 as you requested, I am trying but three days & I don't seem to be getting anywhere

Last edited:
When you flip through the vertical channels, what's there? e.g. VF1, DC, ON, 2V/div. POS:0

Chn1 = pos output
Chn2 = neg output
VF1 = pin I've changed from voltmeter cause I couldn't do it
VM1 = voltmeter at bottom of sim

Then: Dc/gnd/AC

on/probe

as per screen snip above

The annoying part, according to instructions, yes, I was that desperate, it has an auto button at the bottom which is meant to do all settings for you & still nothing, somethings wrong

Last edited:
KISS,

NOW you've got my attention.

Magnavox! Tube Type! "Magic Eye" tuning! Wow...

First thing, replace all the caps (notice the colored dots on the square ones).

That's gonna be fun to restore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back