Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

⚡️Why are pwm switching ICs called off-line power supplies?⁉️

electronium

Hi friends
Many times in the data sheet of power source switching ICs, we see this word "off line" inserted
What is the meaning and concept of the data sheet and IC operation?

Last edited:
IMHO it means that the input is coming from the 'lines' belonging to the electrical utility. In most of the world that would mean an AC input source of 240 VAC(rms). In North America it would be 120 VAC(rms). Offline is short for "off of the power lines"

IMHO it means that the input is coming from the 'lines' belonging to the electrical utility. In most of the world that would mean an AC input source of 240 VAC(rms). In North America it would be 120 VAC(rms). Offline is short for "off of the power lines"
Thank you for your correct and accurate answer
I asked anyone, but he could not answer me

Thank you for your correct and accurate answer
I used to have a friend who disappeared after bad things happened, but before my father showed up. I would always blame the disaster on my "little friend who wasn't there".

Also "Not Me".

Also "Not Me".
Right...
A classic from the '80s. I can't believe I found it.

1705347646965.gif

I mean, no one in my country and my colleagues and internal associations was aware of this issue

You're the one who said you asked anyone. It just stirred up that childhood memory. Sorry if you did not get the joke.

Unlike web "online", If the "line" was off, there would be no power supplied.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back