Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ZVS - LTspice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mading2018

Is ZVS (zero voltage switching) possible in LTspice? :)

In that case? How do I implement that in the simulation? Do I need special transistors that is not included in LTspice I imagine...

What I understand, compared to hard switching, ZVS (soft switching) make sure to to reduce the turn ON losses only.

I do not have so much experience to ZVS, since I haven't used it before..

Attachments

• ZVS.png
    ZVS.png
    50.5 KB · Views: 368
Is ZVS (zero voltage switching) possible in LTspice? :)

In that case? How do I implement that in the simulation? Do I need special transistors that is not included in LTspice I imagine...
Yes you can do that in LTspice and it doesn't require special transistors.
You just need a circuit that detects the zero voltage point across the transistor and switches the transistor at that point.

The horizontal deflection amplifier in a CRT circuit is ZVS.
The transistor has a large capacitor across it. So the voltage increases slowly when the switch opens up.
After the "fly back time" the voltage drops to zero, (about 0) so the transistor turns on at zero volts.

The ZVS power supplies I have built do not work at low loads. They are really good at high power. (another way to say that; they have a small dynamic range)

I tried to implement it for one of my mosfets, but the simulation got stucked? Also, I tried to change my duty cycle to 50 % of my time period 5 us, so it should be 2.5us, but something seems to be wrong..

Attachments

• OFF_HALF_DCDC ZVS.asc
    3.7 KB · Views: 323
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back