Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ZIP Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronv

Most Helpful Member
I can't open ZIP files from this site. I can from others. I have tried downloading other Zippers with the same results. I have the same problem with both computers. My virus software is Kaspersky (It is the only thing I can think of that they have in common other than the router)
Any ideas???

Attachments

• zip.PNG
    zip.PNG
    107.9 KB · Views: 329
Save the file to your HDD, and try opening it from there.

I can't open ZIP files from anywhere on my computer at work, unless I save them first - and I've been unable to cure it :D

Zip

Nigel,
Thanks, same problem. Here is one from a friend that I can open normally but after I attach it to a post I cannot open it. Can you?

Attachments

• Snow1.zip
    631.6 KB · Views: 323
Nigel,
Thanks, same problem. Here is one from a friend that I can open normally but after I attach it to a post I cannot open it. Can you?
hi Ron,
I can open it.

Attachments

• AAesp02.gif
    AAesp02.gif
    20.6 KB · Views: 358
Isn't that strange? I know more than I did before. I just don't know what I know.
I'll play some more.

Isn't that strange? I know more than I did before. I just don't know what I know.
I'll play some more.

hi Ron,
Trying to post attachments is getting a chore on this site.

timers_lib.txt is timers.lib
TLC556.txt is TLC556.asy

Attachments

• timers_lib.txt
    3.2 KB · Views: 353
  • tlc555_556_test.asc
    9.1 KB · Views: 353
  • TLC556.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 359
It's probably something in my virus protection, but I have added this site to my "most trusted". It's strange that I can get them from other sites.

Thanks for the regular files.

I've just tried downloading the program Eric used, and that won't read it either, it just shows one full size file call Snow1 - all other ZIP files work fine.

Strange Erics picture looks like mine and he can open it. It may just be my karma.
Eric, Could I trouble you for an installation instruction for your files. My method doesn't seem to work.

I just downloaded that snow1.zip and opted to open rather than save, it worked perfect..........

Cheers Bryan

So, since I can open it before I attach it but can't after I attach it, it must be something on my end that doesn't like to get it back from E-Tech?

It's been like this for a while. See . For some reason the forum adds bytes to the file!! It's very annoying.

Mike.

I'll try the 7zip.

Thanks I'll quit changing things before I get in more trouble!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back