Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

your idea needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

aibelectronics

I'm considering a pc temperature control circuit for 8 channels.

Currently I'm planning of using an adc 0804 with cd 4051 analog multiplexer (oh i could have used an adc 0808 but the 0804 is what i have already). The circuit is to be connected to the parallel port. One of the pp's control pins would be used to toggle the clk input of a mod 8 counter so that it selects which channel of the cd 4051 that is to be sampled.

The channel select would be initiated by a timer interrupt routine which i'm planning to write, such that the channels are to be sampled at regular intervals of time. There would also be an audio and/or visual alarm in case the temperature of any of the channels exceeds the programmer-specified safe limit.

Any ideas, inputs, precautions I need to note would be very appreciated. thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back