Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where are the RULES?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramondo

Looking for the size limits on attachments that can be posted (service manual) or the best way to send a large file to another member

A good question!

I vaguely remember that at one time the forum software would tell the maximum size for each file type, or did I just dream that?
But that was several software revisions ago, probably before XenForo was installed.

JimB

What about simply trying?

For something like a service manual, one option is to post just a link to an online source.
In general, small files are preferred for uploads here, so that members with poor download speeds or pay-as-you-go services aren't inconvenienced.

Most useful files tend to be small. Get Bill involved the'rè 1,000,000 times bigger and growing!

Mike.

There has been some issues with extensions, like JPG was allowed an jpg wasn't, Like most things, you don't believe anything.

You can't believe much anymore.

For large files Dropbox might work.

The file extension issue can be overcome by simply editing the file extension for upload, e.g by changing myfile.xxx to myfile.xxx.txt.
A problem with some cloud storage (including Dropbox, I believe?) is that, after a certain period of free use, payment is demanded for file storage/access. This leads to broken links in threads.

The file extension issue can be overcome by simply editing the file extension for upload, e.g by changing myfile.xxx to myfile.xxx.txt.
A problem with some cloud storage (including Dropbox, I believe?) is that, after a certain period of free use, payment is demanded for file storage/access. This leads to broken links in threads.

how is that done on an iPad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back