Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

XBOX 360 mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

girtheterrible

I am working on creating a mobile xbox 360 playing station. that is small and easy to lug around. Currently I am having a problem with the battery pack arrangement. I would like to get a few hours of play out of it. The system itself uses 203 watts of power at 12 volts. plus what would be needed to power the flat panel monitor and small motherboard i would be using. I would estimate a total power draw of 16 amps dc power, and would also need a charger for it. if anyone has any info on battery arrangements or high performance battery brands, please let me know.

I am looking for a good cost effective battery that can be used, and must have a current rating of 20ah at a minimum, I would also be willing to cobble together many battery units to get to that point, as long as it is cost effective (under $400).

yes, but not very light and portable
Yes, it's unfortunate that the most common rechargeable, high energy battery material is lead. Only a few common elements are more dense.

I finally found something. **broken link removed**. It looks like it will work with 3 of them giving me 29400mah which will power for about an hour and a half. I just have to find out if it has charge control within the batery packs, or if it needs an external charge control. Don't want any explosions.

For a project such as this, I do NOT recommend Li-Ion batteries.

Even though they use them in Laptops, it still isn't the best solution. Your best bet is to use Lithium Polymer batteries as shown above.

I doubt those batteries hold 10000 mah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back