Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

WOW touch screens

Status
Not open for further replies.

danny009

ive just been looking at touch screens for computers ive seen loads but i also have seen them for PDA these touchs screens go soo cheap i was thinking of buying one but how do you wire them in ive been looking at how they work they work by have two layers one been postively charged and when it touches the other layer the computer or PDA stores that value as an X and Y but the ones i have been looking at have four wires and i was wondering if anyone would help me look for a PDA screen about 4" which would be possible to wire into a picaxe or another ic which can control a up and down movment so it will lets say we will have the touchscreen function as a volume controler you can touch the volume bar the touch screen and drag up
and down to adjust the volume its just the pad im after not the screen i was just wondering if any one has done this or is interested in finding out how to do one with me thanks

ive just found this
https://www.analog.com/library/analogDialogue/archives/35-04/touchscreen/index.html

which shows exactly how to wire one in using a certain ic

Last edited:
you know it's really hard to read your post if it doesn't have any fullstops in it so next time please use proper grammer as it is very annoying and hard to read!!!!

things said:
you know it's really hard to read your post if it doesn't have any fullstops in it so next time please use proper grammer as it is very annoying and hard to read!!!!
Looks like your missing a comma or two!:D

I totally agree though, I cant even begin to be arsed to read what he wrote.

Last edited:
That page you linked to describes them pretty well. Basicaly after a short noise pulse upon touching the screen one lead is given power, one lead is grounded and the analog position (voltage) is read on a DAC. The page gives an example of from start to finish how the reading occurs. This well within possibility to duplicate using four pins of a micro controller which has a multiplexed ADC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back