Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

working with non 5V inputs

Status
Not open for further replies.

rahulcet

I wrote apgm in C 18 where in i use the PIC to sense teh frequency of variation of an input which unfotunately isnt TTL compatible. I use the Timer 1 module for getting the frequency. Will I get the same results as for a 5 V input. Please do help me fast. this is for my final year project.

No one can answer that question unless you tell us what signal your are presenting to the input.

A schematic would be be best, or an accurate description at least.

dear rus the input is square wave mate. can ya suggest something to make it 5 V. how about opamps?

Last edited:
dear rus the input is square wave mate. can ya suggest something to make it 5 V. how about opamps?

All square waves are not created equal.

What is the frequency, the positive and negative peak, the source impedance.

And yes an op amp might be useful, but could be either too much or not enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back