Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

WM7040 DC 12V/24V High Pressure Blower replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

okbro

hi,

I needed the WM7040 pressure blower in my healthcare project but i cannot find it in my place. My question is can i perhaps use ordinary high speed air blower with similar rating?

thanks

Without knowing what you are doing exatly its not really possible to say.
That said there is usually a way round things.
Can you tell us more what you are doing?

i am trying to make a cpap device which uses wm7040 so i wanted to buy ordinary air blower and use it by adjusting it to the same pressure level? Can anyone advice substitute for wm7040 blower with similar motor and ratings which is easy to get?

thanks

Attachments

• eleblower.png
    eleblower.png
    14.7 KB · Views: 196
Ok, start by trying to find data on the blower you mentioned, then do the same with a blower you are thinking of using, you want the one your thinking of using to be the same or greater.
Sometimes they only spec the flow rate, you can work out using physics what kind of pressure you would get.
I'm not an expert with fan affinity rules, but there is quite a bit of approximation goin on.
Doesnt a Cpap require oxygen?

oxygen could/should be incorporated....but this is a just a diy...i know that rating should be matched...but i asked for some experience somebody around here in the forum....

thanks

A CPAP uses differential pressures on the order of 5 to 12" of WATER* greater than atmospheric pressure. Also, the fan must respond to exhale back pressure to allow the patient to exhale so the motor must slow down very quickly. That is, it must not have large rotational inertia. Accurately sizing the motor to the application is key.

About 0.15 to 0.5 psi.Think in the range of 35 watts +/-

too much power can damage lungs, sinus tissue causing collapsed lung, or cerebrospinal fluid leakage into the sinuses. It can also cause eye infections as air is pushed out from the lower eye sockets. Good luck and be safe.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back