Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

wish to learn microcontroller....... need your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try this little bit of code for starters
I'm writing the program, but actually what means by : org, setb, seta, inc etc???/ suppose they are commands but what they stand for or what they do??:confused::confused::confused:

i'm not understand this....
You need to toggle P2.0 by inserting directly into the SFR window at
the bottom of the screen

I wrote the program in the simulator...

yes. it's working. LEDs are blinking......

Last edited:
Try this little bit of code for starters

That was a nice tutorial for beginner. Are you going to add in lessons and chapters as time goes on and publish it as a full tutorial ?

I don't mind to become another beginner to relearn 8051 from fresh as I have forgotten most of them already. My old 8051 board has a monitor program inside and communicate with the PC via COM port. I used the ASM51 and MSKermit to talk to the 8051 board.

Allen

I think ( Its my opinion ) that the paged memory is the biggest issue on the PIC.. ( I'm talking mainly about the 8 bit systems)

Im with you there Ian, The paged memory is my biggest gripe about the PIC's

That was a nice tutorial for beginner. Are you going to add in lessons and chapters as time goes on and publish it as a full tutorial ?

I don't mind to become another beginner to relearn 8051 from fresh as I have forgotten most of them already. My old 8051 board has a monitor program inside and communicate with the PC via COM port. I used the ASM51 and MSKermit to talk to the 8051 board.

Allen

I have done one for the PIC using MPLAB... I will do a tutorial eventually if its what people want..

Hello Ian,

what the code you posted last day is working on simulation.

Sorry!! I don't understand?
i want to say that : the code or program you posted in pdf file for me as a tutorial, is working in the simulator.....

Oh good... Tell me what you want to do next... I'll try and give you a lift up!!

thanks. next i want:: what is BIT ADDRESSABLE MEMORY.
what can it do exactly. i'm little confused in here.

can we only write a program only in rom?

Bit addressable are SFR's locatioons 0x80 to 0xF0 and a small 16 byte memory locations 0x20 to 0x2F.

Bit access is great for boolean flags on/off variables..

Code:
flags equ 0x20

setb   flags.0 ; access bit 0 of the flags variable

plz correct me :

Code:
setb  24h
does that mean if I write this, the value of 24h is becomes 1 (high). and if I can access this 24h to the pin of micro P1.0 then the value of the P1.0 becomes . Am I right????

Bit addressable are SFR's locatioons 0x80 to 0xF0
what does it mean by? truly I'm really can't understand this... As far as I know the bit addressable memory and the SFR has their own different locations.. some registers are bit addressable?????????:confused::confused::confused::confused:
im totaly lost here......

Bit addressing only means you can access a single bit in a byte

ie...

Code:
flag   equ   24
   mov   flag,#0xFF   ; move 0xFF into flags <<-- byte addressing
   clr    flag     ; clear flags
   setb   flag.1   ;  set bit 1 in flags <<-- Bit addressing

Now what will be next for???
I'm now reading the SFR in the dpdf.....

Hi Ian,
is there anything to have a look for me... ?:confused:

I want to make lighten up 8 LEDs in different way. And also want to understand the CODE/Program, how it works... thanks in advanced....:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back