Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wiring a TV stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

GetFrodo

hey there everyone. newbie alert :)

I have just built a TV mount for my flat screen - pretty basic stuff, three planks on top of each other, vertically mounted on the wall, with the middle plank having most of its middle cut out to provide a channel for the cables.

I would like to hardwire all the devices (no room for normal sockets and switches), and was hoping to be able to find a nice, compact array of mains switches to wire up - all I have found is individual rocker switches which I know I won't be able to mount as neatly as a single unit, and it isn't immediately obvious to me how to split the input live/neutral/earth 5 or 6 ways neatly and safely).

What I want is:

4-6 individual power switches (tv, computer, ps3, wifi thingy, + pref. 2 spare)
1 override switch for the above group (so I can switch whole lot on or off with one switch)
1-2 individual power switches (hifi + pref. 1 spare) which should be independent of the override.

so what are my options?

thanks!

You could use small SPST or SPDT toggle switches mounted in a small electronics or utility box.

You would connect all the earth (green) connections together with a wire nut (and tie it to the box if the box is metalic). Tie all the neutral (white) connections together with a wire nut. Connect the live (black) connections through the switches as desired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back