Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wireless Serial port

Status
Not open for further replies.

tharkun

I need some interface to get a wireless serial port. And it have to reach longer than 600m. The ones i have found only reach up to 500m. I thought of converting the signals to sound and send the via a walkie talike and then convert them back, then it would be possible to have longer. But how do you do that? I havent found any circuits for that.

Exuse me for my bad english i am not so good, hope you understand me

how about a modem? get a serial port modem and either use phones for communication, or output the modem signal as audio and feed that into a walkie talkie or something.

it isnt between to computers, and phonelines are not avalible. Isnt it an easy way to convert the signals to sound? or can if you can do that with a modem but then i need some decoder on the other side

You know how to do wireless with comp. port upto 500m.
Can you give me some info. on how to do that

I just searched in the forum on wireless rs232 then i found some solutions to that

convert to sound i dont know what your talking about on that its just data over a carrier. transmitters may be built to cover that range but pay attention to any fcc or any other regulations that apply. the modem is a good idea i believe because what is a modem, modem stands for modulator demodulator. another idea would be using rf module to send the data.

i mean i like to convert the data signals to sound by some way. By modem seems to be a very good idea but how to decode the modem signals on the other side, im using a computer that communicates with a unit so i have to decode the modem signals in some way, but how?

for the decoding process at the other end i would suggest the use of a PIC. im not too good at programming them but you can post in that section in this site asking for help with that.

tharkun said:
i mean i like to convert the data signals to sound by some way. By modem seems to be a very good idea but how to decode the modem signals on the other side, im using a computer that communicates with a unit so i have to decode the modem signals in some way, but how?

The transmit side uses a MODulator, and the receive side a DEModulator, the DEModulator should output the same digital data signal that the MODulator received.

Bear in mind, we're not talking standard computer MODEM's here!, they would be difficult to connect and control - you might try looking for 'packet radio modem', a serial data system for amateur radio, there are a number of fairly simple projects about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back