Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

wireless sensors///transmitting information

Status
Not open for further replies.

D.M.

I'm trying to install i test bed of various sensors around a room, (temp in various locations, air flow, etc..) and I wanted to go wireless. I've been doing research on various transmitters/receivers but without buying them and opening them up I dont quite know how they work. I was wondering what the setup would be like.

What controller would be most appropriate for the task? Ive done research on some various PIC's:
16C745,
18F2550,
18F4550
18F2525
They all seem to perform similarly.

in basic terms would the output of my sensor would somehow plug into the transmitter?? and the receiver then captures and the signal continues on. all the while the microcontroller facilitates the process?

I was also thinking of using bluetooth or Zwave modules but I can't find much info in directly applying it to a sensor, and was wondering if anyone has any info on this matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back