Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wireless Remote Level

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpanhalt

Most Helpful Member
Relevant background for this project is here: https://www.electro-tech-online.com/microcontrollers/124301-indirect-data-addressing-when-done.html
I thought a progress note might be appreciated by those who have helped so far and decided a more meaningful title also was needed.

Today, I got the first real data from the Memsic MXD2020E accelerometer. At zero g, the 100Hz output is at 50% duty cycle, i.e., high period is 5 mS. That changes about 35 uS per degree of tilt for tilts less than 10°. For my application, I would like to resolve to at least 0.5°, which will equate to being within 3/8" of level at a distance of 42".

Counts are measured using this routine:

Code:
Data_count
	btfss	Data_Y		;still high?
	goto	BIN2BCD		;decimal formats hi_count and sends to LCD
	incf	hi_count	;data counter
	goto	Data_count	;Data_count takes 5 cycles per count
;******************************************************************************

With 4 MHz clock on my 12F509, that requires 5 uS per count or roughly 7 counts per degree. Experimentally, I got a 17-count difference when I raised the sensor about 2 degrees. Is there any faster way to do it?

Here's what my baby looks like:
tilt-counts-png.60113

As for success in contacting Memsic to get MXC6202G accelerometer that reports directly in I2C, so far nada.

John

Attachments

• Tilt counts.png
    Tilt counts.png
    253.8 KB · Views: 220
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back