Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wireless RC for an on/off type of switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamlindp

Newbie here!

VERY excited about finding this forum.

I was wanting to build a wireless jog switch for a mail processing machine.

The switch I use now is a thumb switch that connects via the old fat headphone wire and jack.

I was interested in the idea posted at Radio Control Switch From Junk, but I have a problem.

Question: How can I make the intermitten "speaker" voltage, in the "locate" circuit, a constant voltage to HOLD the relay in, until I defeat the "locate" signal?

MANY thanks,
David :eek:

Is the problem that when you push the "locate" switch on the base unit, the handset pulses beeps intermittently, and then the pulsing just quits by itself?

Since all of that is coded into a ucontroller in the base unit, I suspect it would take a lot of work to trace out the circuitry to make the transmission continuous. Do you have a schematic?

Hi Mike!

Thanks for the interest in helping me.

You should be able to see the diagram in the link placed in my first post.

Last edited:
I need the output to stay ON (not intermittent like the ringing from the little speaker that I'm taking my "active" signal from), until I defeat the "locate" signal.

You need to modify the actual telephone set; not the circuit posted... I was asking if you have a schematic of the telephone?

Oh, I see. My bad.

Do you know where I could get a free schematic for the Uniden EXI5160?

I found the User Manual, but of course the schematic isn't included.

Thanks,
Your fan, David :)

Hacking the RF transmitter of the base and the receiver in the handset are doable, but difficult if you do not have a schematic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back