wireless fishing alarm

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomaspav

hello everyone from Greece. I have a simple circuit for a fishing alarm. Basically i use a tilt switch for sensor, two leds and one buzzer. Its a simple circuit with low cost materials. I would like to go it to the next step. I will make 6 of this circuits for my fishing rods. Here is my question. How can i make a simple rf system to have receiver for each rod ? I need about 200meter distance. Also i would like to have separate signal for each transmitter to recognise witch rod has a bite. I post a video of an example https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000341609254.html

Another possibility is ESP8266 when it starts up turns on a relay whose contacts wired
in parallel with tilt switch, or a mosfet used as a switch, and no matter what happens with
tilt switch power is maintained to ESP8266 so it can complete its task, then ESP8266 goes
back to sleep. If tilt switch needs a wide angle to activate that might be enough to keep
false close open cycles to a minimum, all to be investigated.

I think you should also look into power management, eg. ESP8266 looks at battery and
notifies host if its end of life.....

It might just be easier to use a ATTINY85 8 pin micro to manage all the pulse generation
for the ESP8266, debounce, etc......

Regards, Dana.

Last edited:
Hello Dana. I need some time to understand all of this and do some experiments. I Have a friend for the programming field but for the circuit i have to do some research. I will be back as fast i can to discus the questions that may created. Thanks in advance Tomas.

It would be simpler if the tilt switch went from an I/O pin to the reset pin. A low on the I/O pin will enable reset via the tilt switch. The esp can then turn on the I/O pin, the LED, buzzer and inform the master. There might be an I/O pin that resets high.

Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…