Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

wireless fish finders

Status
Not open for further replies.

dynamite dave

i need some help with a fish finder i have, im looking at placeing it in a rc boat but need to transmitte the signal to land. i have a fish finder with lcd screen and a av transmitter and receiver and a tv. how would i connect the fish finder to the transmitter via the video input on the transmitter. could i just remove the screen from the fish finder and attach the wires to the input? any help would be greatly apprieciated

Why would you even need a fish finder, if you are fishing with dynamite? I never tried it myself, but have heard that pretty much every thing floats to the top, either dead, dying, or stunned, and you just collect what you want with a net. :)

Sounds like an interesting project, but doubt it could be that simple. LCD screens are digitally controlled, your AV transmitter is analog. If you really want to go cheap and simple, use a camera pointed at the screen for the video source. Maybe a box around it all to block out unwanted light, and to fix the camera in focus with the fish finder screen.

Now if you could send GPS coordinates as well, you could know exactly where to fish, or drop the dynamite...

thanks for the reply mate i hadnt thought of doing it that way, i do know some one who has a fish finder fitted the way i mentioned but the person who fitted it didnt want anyone to see how he did it. i just wondered if it would be straight forward or not.

just for the record i dont fish with dynamite, but the way my catch rate has been latly i might consider it

thanks again

how about if the fish finder had •Black-and-white FSTN display. would i be able to conect that sraight to the av transmitter?

how about if the fish finder had •Black-and-white FSTN display. would i be able to conect that sraight to the av transmitter?

I think you would run in to the same problem, the signal that drives the display is digital. There are a lot of different fish finders on the market, who knows maybe there are some with the option for hooking up to another screen, or TV, which would give you possibly the analog signal. Could be the underwater portion does all the work, and sends video, rather than sensor data. It's just unlikely there would be a place to tap into the fish finder for an analog video signal, with no reason to generate one in the first place.

Was of course joking about the dynamite fishing, based on your screen name. I don't think it's done often, and very irresponsible, since it tends to kill most every fish.

Will run a quick search a little later and see what turns up.

Guess I should have asked about brands or price range... $70 to thousands. Did find some that do have output for external monitors, but don't think it would fit an R/c boat well, little expensive as well.

thanks for the info bud and looking up info, im looking at spending around £100, iv been looking at micro cctv cameras as you surggested and it prob will be the easy way around the problem, not that expensive to do it that way.
thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back