Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wireless data recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonaiko

Hello everybody,

Another clock recovery question. Thanx for helping me on the first question.

Now I have definite specs I am working with. Which are:

1) Wireless baseband baseband receiver for image sensing applications.
2) Very high frequency band (2~8GHz).
3) Low power design (less than 10mW).
4) Not very fast (10~30Mbps).

To say more details, I am responsible on the baseband area of the wireless communication. That is, my work starts directly after the signal is demodulated. I dont care about how it was demodulated or how it was received. I just receive digital baseband signals and I need to continue the work from there.

Now here is where I need your comments.

First, I am thinking of using NRZ data. This way I can recover my information using a very high speed sampling clock, which can help me know my bit width and then sample once around the middle (ie. this is not oversampling).
Do u recommend RZ or shall i stick with NRZ?

Second, what do u think is the best method to recover my data (make a decision)? ofcourse knowing that I am concerned of having as low power consumption as possible.

Third, Do I really care what was the modulation type used to modulate my signal at the transmitter? Since im working AFTER demodulation, do I really care about that?

Fourth, Whats after I receive and make a decision about my digital data? What is the next step in ur opinion?

Fifth, I am using verilog to build my system so I can test it on an FPGA. My design should be ALL DIGITAL, so im not allowed to use verilog-A.
Any idea how I can test such a think of an FPGA?

Thank you for helping me. Im still a beginner in actual designing so I need a push at the start so I can continue later on my own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back