Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wireless bit transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstechca

I have found something interesting.

I am able to make a transmitter that can turns on (or off if I wanted) when the light hits a photo detector using a 9V battery.

My receiver produces noise most of the time. I can make a short range (about 1m) transmitter that turns the noise off when both units are at the same frequency. The advantage to this method is that fewer components are required to build the transmitter.

I can also make a transmitter that produces a constant tone to the receiver. This method requires more parts.

My receiver is also attached to an LED with a brightness that varies directly with the amplitude and frequency of the audio output. Its similar to an LED on a "colour organ" circuit.

When the receiver and transmitter are both on, separated by about 50 feet, and tuned to the same frequency, I want to see 2 states coming from the LED, On and Off. These states must be changed when I turn the transmitter on or off.

Should I have the transmitter transmit "nothing" when it is on, or should I have it transmit a tone? and with the receiver, should I try to tune it into a dead station (something like a few Mhz away from a TV station), or should I tune it to white noise?

I am looking for long range. Stability is not a primary concern here.

I did a project like this, well i think it was like this. I just engineered around the design and used a d-type flip flop wired up as Q^ - > D. Evertime you turn the transmitter on and off, make it produce a pulse that clocks the flip flop on the receiver. If you make sure the whole system starts up in the correct state then your lights will go and off as the transmitter turns on and off.

Megamox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back