Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rmathes

Hi, I'm wondering how many individual wireless transmitters/receivers (stereo or mono is fine) in theory can operate in short range (3 ft. max) next to each other without interfering dramatically (via RF freq. UHF, or any other freq. or means that would be wireless). Prefer a solution with minimal latency (under 13 milliseconds), relatively low cost, sacrifice of signal quality acceptable.(cheapest, low quality).

Task- to replace 3ft. 1/4" jack aux. cables with 1/4" jack wireless transmitters/receivers. As many as possible, unrelated to eachother, working next to each-other.

NOTE: A constructed Multi Channel Box would be acceptable at the receiving end if this makes for a better solution, but would be unacceptable at the transmitting ends because transmitters will need to be spread out each about 1 ft. apart from each other

Attachments

• wireless tx rx.png
    wireless tx rx.png
    69 KB · Views: 242
Last edited:
How about bluetooth?

Mike,
I have found that listening to TV sound via a Bluetooth link gives a noticeable delay in the sound.

Les.

Hi guys, Thanks for chiming in! Yes, Mike is correct. With bluetooth the latency is approximately 50-70 ms. And even with the latest bluetooth advancement known as "Apt-X Low-Latency, the delay is still too much. I do appreciate the attempt at a solution :)

The attached photos are what I'm basing my idea off of:
1) UHF solution used for wireless guitar/amplifier configuration w/ almost zero latency (supports up to 4 simultaneous)
2) FM wireless microphone for presentations, also low latency

...Probably a stupid question, but does anyone know of a way to get more than 4, perhaps 12 or 16 working together in the same room? if not, then no big deal I'll stick with only 4, but thought I'd take a shot in case anyone has experience with these types of radio systems.

Thanks again!

(Links with Details for each pasted below...):

https://www.ebay.com/itm/UHF-Guitar...853?_trksid=p2349526.m4383.l4275.c10#viTabs_0

**broken link removed**

Attachments

• s-l1600 (2).jpg
    s-l1600 (2).jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 225
  • s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 227
You should check the datasheet, they should not be close to each other, or they should work at a different frequency with as much hysteresis as possible.

...Probably a stupid question, but does anyone know of a way to get more than 4, perhaps 12 or 16 working together in the same room? if not, then no big deal I'll stick with only 4, but thought I'd take a shot in case anyone has experience with these types of radio systems.

Large numbers of wireless microphones are commonplace, they just need to be high quality ones designed for such use - cheap ones would only allow a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back