Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Windowes 98

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gregory

I have bilt a PC with a secondhand 20Gig h drive and I am installing Windowes 98 Edition2
Every thing goes ok till I get to the end of installation & it comes up

C:\Windowes\VMM32VXD Missing /Unable to load

Could some one supply me with the reason for this Error.
& can give me the setup procedure for Windowes BIOS set up ,step by step as I may be Missing something in the setup.
Thanking youu Greg

VMM32.VXD is a monolithic device driver that is custom-built for the individual machine upon which Windows is installed. it is created at the time of Windows setup. In most cases, loss of or damage to this file is best cured by re-installing Windows. There are some published procedures for recreating this file, but if you need to ask the question that you posted, the procedure is one that you'd best not attempt.

There are also some known conflicts that will cause this error to be displayed that can be solved without reinstallation of the operating system. Most notable of these is a UMAX scanner conflict.

Here are a couple of MSKB articles (#191874 and #311188) that may help... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back