Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Win a Raspberry Pi!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The article will not take long at all to approve. Once we know it's ready to review someone will do that and simply click approve. If you submit an article PM me to speed this process up but turnaround is about 48 hours.

Surely the quality of the article should count? I'd hate to submit a great, well written article for a DC electronic load for example and find I was beaten to the prize by a blinking LED!

There is a quality threshold, obviously, but its not the focus on this 'competition'. We're just trying to encourage members to submit content and get it recognised. But remember, this is only the first incentive to write articles - as time goes the focus will be more focused on quality or subject matter as well as this prises will become bigger.

Hi EM,

Thanks for the info and Wow, sounds very interesting for the future. I hope to be able to contribute on a regular basis once i get started.
I've got my first almost completed now finally :)

Is it possible to use Blogs too or transfer the blog to an article?

Just one more little question...

Since this will be an ongoing thing, what happens if say three people enter and person 1 wins the first contest, then person 1 wins again in the second contest, is that possible or do the odds favor those that havent won anything yet?

MrAl,

You can use the blogs but there would be no benefit to doing so - you would only be restricting yourself. I can definately transfer a blog post to the article system so there are no worries if you have already created it in your blog.

We haven't concluded how things will work in the future, however, we'll make it as fair as possible.

Regards,
EM

Hi,

One of the links in the first post doesnt work, the one about asking for help with content creation.
It said to notify someone if the link was broken.

Why am I being forced to look at this????

Every time I go to a different page this @#$% pop up makes me click, look at this or not.

Now I have looked at this I hope I never see that pop up every again.

So who's the winner? :D

How goes the counting process, EM?

Yeah... It's been 4 days EM, are you alright?

Edit: I just checked, and the post above is his latest post... Am now checking the news to see if Broadbeach, AU has experienced any natural disasters lately...

Last edited:
Yeah... It's been 4 days EM, are you alright?

Edit: I just checked, and the post above is his latest post... Am now checking the news to see if Broadbeach, AU has experienced any natural disasters lately...

I hope all is ok, has there been any natural disasters lately in Broadbeach, Australia?

He's keeping the pi for himself!

:p Just kidding, I hope he's alright. Congratulations to whoever won!

Last edited:
*bump*

How are things going, EM?

I'm told EM's perfectly fine BTW. LOL, I was just being facetious earlier. But with no contact from him for almost two months, I almost wish I hadn't went there. . . :awkward:

Anyway, is it possible that he's having problems sourcing a RasPi? I heard that they were well priced but that there is like a two year waiting list or something. I think that was back when they were first coming out though, so I could be wrong. If it's true, EM could get a cubieboard instead. They are almost exactly the same, just a bit higher price and slightly better stats/performance.

Or maybe he's just waiting to surprise someone for X-mas. :D

Last edited:
hi...

happy new year! :D

can a moderator ask for permission to do the draw? at least we should
know who the winner is.

Posting a circuit

a little hard to win one, but it's a good chance to win one . never hesitate, just me .

You wouldn't happen to go by the alias "loosewire" on another forum, would you....? :D

Hi guys!

I have some good news today. The winners has been decided!! And notice how I say winners and not winner? Well because of the delay in completing this competition there will be 3 Raspberry Pi's given away!

Okay, so since the Circuits and Theory sections were started there have been a total of 139 articles published (excluding my own). If you submitted one article then you had a 1 in 46 chance of winning. However, if you submitted more than one article your chances are greater.

Good luck and thanks for competing!

To draw the winners each article had a number from 1 to 139 and then random numbers were generated (using random.org) until we had 3 unique winners.

The winners are:

1. Someone Electro
2. rajbex
3. ()blivion

I will be in contact soon with details! Once again congratulations!

Regards,
EM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back