Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wien-bridge oscillator questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
tl071cp oscillator

audioguru said:
Texas instruments show two Wien bridge oscillators with a FET for automatic-gain-control. The distortion is less than 0.2%.
If half the FET's drain signal is fed to the gate then the distortion is much less.

Hi all
I’m working on a similar oscillator using the tl071cp. I cannot seem to get it to oscillate. Can this unit be used in the circuit above, the circuit with the single supply voltage meaning + - or does it need + 0 -?

Last edited:
shirazmacuff said:
I’m working on a similar oscillator using the tl071cp. I cannot seem to get it to oscillate. Can this unit be used in the circuit above, the circuit with the single supply voltage meaning + - or does it need + 0 -?
The oscillator circuit above doesn't use an opamp. It uses an LM386 power amp IC. This IC has its inputs already biased so that they work when their DC voltage is at ground. It also has negative feedback built-in. An opamp would need to have its inputs biased at half the supply voltage and have negative feedback resistors added.

An opamp doesn't have enough output current to drive the AGC lightbulb.

Look in Google. There are hundreds of Wien-bridge oscillator circuits that use an opamp.

I now stuck at whereby i had constructed the circuit as as shown by audioguru for the amplifier, the only place differ is the 10ohm resistor where i replace wif 27ohm because i cant find any 10ohm around.
Connect three in parallel to get 9:eek:hm: which is close enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back