Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why two stage amplifier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mic5

I have read an article in which, two stage RF amplifier is used which have gain of 11dB and 31dB respectively.

My question is why these two stage of amplifiers needed? Why can't we use 42dB amplifier?

What are the benefits in terms of cascaded amplifiers here?

I have read an article in which, two stage RF amplifier is used which have gain of 11dB and 31dB respectively.

My question is why these two stage of amplifiers needed? Why can't we use 42dB amplifier?

What are the benefits in terms of cascaded amplifiers here?

Consider bandwidth, what is the bandwidth of the RF amplifier you quote.???

You may not be able to build one stage with both the desired gain and bandwidth.

Remember too, that multiple stages multiply the gains and not add.
But if the gains are expressed in dB they add. That's one advantage of expressing gain in decibels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back