Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Who makes custom PCBs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobalt60

I am sure there must be a company out there that makes custom PCBs, and I am wondering if anyone here has any recommendations. Maybe not even a company, maybe just a person who can make custom PCBs.

I do not require components, just the board with traces.

Thanks

-Chris P

Do you want the boards just maufactured, or also laid out for you?

Here's a few:
Advanced Circuits
pcb123/sunstone circuits
procyonpcb

While were on it, whats the current most practical way of making them at home? I can google it, but each result is a pitch, so it's hard to be sure.

While were on it, whats the current most practical way of making them at home? I can google it, but each result is a pitch, so it's hard to be sure.
look up some old threads, every few months we get a new "how to make pcb" thread. Look up "pulsar 15 minute board" or link

I use the toner tranfer method with magazine paper for most of my boards.

For boards with finer detail, I use the photo method.

If you want more information, just ask and I'll post you some links.

Here's is one who makes good quality PCBs at low prices with minimum tooling costs:

https://www.bilex-lp.com.

Payment is not easy. It's expected to be done using money transfer to a bank in Sofia/Bulgaria.

I use Advanced Circuits (4pcb.com) all the time (no affiliation to them). They run a $33/board special (minimum 4 boards).
You will have to provide them with the Gerbers or you can use the free software from Advanced Circuits to design the PCB.

FYI, if you are interested, I run a business of designing PCBs for various clients and use Advanced Circuits to fabricate the boards.

BatchPCB is good for prototypes- high per-unit cost but low initial cost. That means if you start making a few of the same board, it's cheaper to look elsewhere. But if you need one of many different boards then it's good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back