Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Who made the greatest contribution to electronics

Status
Not open for further replies.
OT:
Here in the philippines, most the people would say that edison did not invent the first lamp neither the dude roboticinfo said...

It was Agapito Flores (a filipino dude) who first invented the flourescent lamp.

solidhelix said:
OT:
Here in the philippines, most the people would say that edison did not invent the first lamp

Edison DIDN'T invent the first lamp. People were doing it before him, but the filament wasn't lasting very long. Edison was the first to develop a lamp with a lasting filament.

Mike

upand_at_them said:
solidhelix said:
OT:
Here in the philippines, most the people would say that edison did not invent the first lamp

Edison DIDN'T invent the first lamp. People were doing it before him, but the filament wasn't lasting very long. Edison was the first to develop a lamp with a lasting filament.

Mike
Yeah... The incandescent lamp... something like that...

HI,

Yes many people before Edison were playing around with the incandescent light but they had the problem of the wire burning out way too quick.

Go take a very small wire, and place when you place 24 volts (or something) on it. the wire will heat up and glow orange, then after a half an hour or so the wire will have burn in to.

Edison used tungsten filament, which burn white. To stop the wire from burning out so quick, he used argon inside the bulb.

I am sure lots of other people had put too much current on a small wire and saw it glow then burn out. But the person(whoever it was) who was able to stop the melting, therefore allowing light for much longer peroids, should be the inventor of the incandescent light.

It's still a very inefficient way :roll:

It says in the book that was the first one to make a successful light and
made a populer light that every one could buy.

hello

hello members i'm a new to electronics world but i also want to be an active member in this forum that is i want to take a benefit from the others and give benefits to them.

can anyone advice me ?

anyway, thanks a lot.

You could open 'orange' forums and read out the 'orange' posts, these r posts u haven't read. U choose the posts with the intreaging titles, interesting for you, and then u check if u'll b able to benefit, or if ur expertise can be made good use of :wink: ...

Re: hello

4electros said:
hello members i'm a new to electronics world but i also want to be an active member in this forum that is i want to take a benefit from the others and give benefits to them.

can anyone advice me ?

anyway, thanks a lot.
I can only tell you to read "Read this!" (in my signature).

Agent 009 said:
By the way, that's a very 'narrow' Read This... I think u should point out more some stuff, Jay...
It has to be short because the signature has a 255 char limitation and I had reach it :oops:

I put it there, because many posts ask for answers that are in the Sticky, and I was sick from it :twisted:

No one wants to write much and no one wants to read much.

Hey only 10 more posts to being a god

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back