Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Who made the greatest contribution to electronics

Status
Not open for further replies.

I would have to say RoboticInfo
He is amazing

I think about him every day, and he is dreamy.

: :lol:

I would have to say star trek because with out the photon torpedo we would be in great danger.

Also I would have to say
Grey Walter
For making robots that were very intelligent at it's time and adapting the way we make them now.

Great guy

D.J. said:
Hi Jay,

I agree, Tesla was very good.

Just curious, what did Edison do to get your vote :?: :eek:

Regards,

D.J.
Edisons inventions include: LightBulb, Carbon Microphone, Electric motor and many others..

Hi Jay

Out of the two, Edison and Tesla, who do you think was best.

This may be a hard decision knowing they were both rival who 's inventions were quite opposite( using AC and DC ).

In making your decision include the facts of each others characters, Tesla may have been sortuv weird to some people, although Edison, to me, didn't seem like that nice of a person. :evil:

I have already made my decision, just want to know(maybe debate) other peoples decision :)

Regards,

D.J.

Tesla all the way...I mean just look at a tesla coil. those are friggen awsome. R/C boat, AC motor, and many other things.
I'm not really sure what edison invented, but I'm sure it wasn't as cool as a lightning machine :twisted:

Hi Jrz126,

I totally agree! Good choice :)

As Jay stated before, Edison invented the incandescent light bulb, and DC motor, etc.

Although since Edison was using DC he had a hard time with voltage drop. He had to use wire as big as your arm if he wanted to go any distance.

He also had a very big ego. Before Tesla came into town, Edison was ramped up to be the great genius, even had a nickname( can't remember right now ). And because his business was already using DC, he did not like Tesla winning everyone over with his AC.

Edison tried to prove to people many times that AC was very dangerous. Even payed school boys to steel dogs from the local neighborhood so that Edison could kill the dogs with high voltage AC, showing them just how dangerous it is.

Although when the first electric chair was invented they used AC, took them three or four times to kill the guy :lol:

Edison's light build is very crude compared to Tesla's. I can't believe it took him 999 times before he could accomplish. All an incandescent does, is use a certain filament that when heated, glows white. So by shoving enough current through a little wire it got hot enough to burn white, very inefficient. Also tungsten filament oxidizes rapidly, so he used argon inside the bulb.

Read how florescent lights work, much more interesting and efficient!

But in the end, Edison did admit his mistake. I am sure without him we would have not progressed as fast as we did.

This is just my oppion :wink:

Regards,

D.J.

as for electronics , you have to admire the work done by John Bardeen and Walter Brattain and William Shockley who invented the worlds first point contact transistor..

Attachments

• w1.jpg
    w1.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 434
for electrical theory i kinda like Maxwell
And Faraday for his law of induction
they both related magnetism and electricity to each other..

Edison did not make the first light bulb
it was actually some dude in europe.

I will have the name when I find it.

well the fire wod be figured out by someone anyway.

The weel and the fire was probobly ivented a 100 times by difrent popole since they didnt comunicate on long distances.If they invented the internet internet first it wod be enugh to invent it only once.

But the guy that invented the transistor wod have to invet it first, but someone wod have to invent electricety first.

Hmm... Prety complicated. :?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back