Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Who likes Google Chrome?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried Google Chrome,

I faced problem with it not sure why.

This was 4month ago, I will try it now maybe they update or change it.

It seems to be another Google market dominance plan. At the moment Firefox is better, but maybe for the odd few change is good for them.

in general i'm opposed to Google because i feel they step into my comfort zone way too much with all of their fine print and data storing. i'll use their search because they've gotten enough on me by now its pointless to switch. but i'm not letting them have any programs on my computer.

It seems to be another Google market dominance plan.
Some people are scared of Google but they're not as 'bad' as Microsoft.

Currently, Internet Explorer is the dominant brower. I hope that it doesn't stay this way for ever. Competition is a good thing, I hope Google Chrome does well and firefox and Oper continiue to improve.

in general i'm opposed to Google because i feel they step into my comfort zone way too much with all of their fine print and data storing. i'll use their search because they've gotten enough on me by now its pointless to switch. but i'm not letting them have any programs on my computer.

Make sure to get real tin foil for that hat. The cheap aluminium stuff won't work. :)

If you're that worried about it then block those apps at the firewall. Problem solved.

Torben

What about your ISP, bank, the government and even the supermarket you shop at?

They all store information about you, why is Google any worse?

There is a option to not have it send any data back to Google, if you havent noticed.

I use chrome, and I like it. I just find it sometimes goes abit non-responsive on some pages ...

I use IE8 and thus far it works. Yes it's designed primarily for those who simply want to access the web without the flexibility of plug-ins. For the real techies who desire plug-ins, IE8 isn't for them as much as Fire Fox would be. But overall, IE8 "should" be more fool-proof and secure than Google Chrome. Here's an article on both: https://tech.msn.com/howto/article.aspx?cp-documentid=10266204

I would add Opera to that, it doesn't support add-ons like Firedfox does and it has more features than IE 7, I don't know about IE8 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back