Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is Google getting Wooorse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole Internet is getting worse. Websites are useless. There are no such thing as packing slips any more.

The gmail interface sucks. The maps interface sucks. It doesn't even work now for me. Google creates obsolescence and like DT finds a way to retain money.

I do packing slips! My websites are responsive for phones etc but i am not going AMP, i would rather take a hit on google ranking. When i update a blog i use a SEO program, i tend to get low scores, i do this on purpose so my copy dosnt resemble others.

I avoid keyword saturation and all the other things you are supposed to do. But I do have another site that is google friendly and google indexes it well, i use that site to link into my others. I also have a copy that is Bing friendly, but oddly the sites are not IE friendly, IE is dead as a dodo i have no idea why people use it!

IE is not HTML5 compliment despite MS saying it is, it has trouble with CSS3, but so does firefox which is why CSS3 has all the mozilla crap you can put in.

Packing slips, statements and invoices are essential the way i see it. But our business tends to be run the old fashioned way with modern touches to make things easier for people. I have adds on site, but they are my adds and are there to make things easier for people. the adds are not intrusive and on the whole make the shopping experience easier. if your on a section thats for information or the forum then there is no adds.

there's a lot of backlash among web designers an IT people in general against Google and others that farm your data. there's a big movement out there to make HTTPS the norm, and incorporate cryptography into DNS. personally, if i was redesigning the web, i would do it along the lines of the TOR network. keep in mind here that Google's data centers are almost as big as the NSA's.. the settings on firefox that i'm using right now, along with plugins like HTTPS Everywhere and privacy badger seems to keep profiling to a minimum. i get notices all over the place saying i should enable cookies for that site, but i ignore them, i only allow cookies on sites that i trust. i never use facebook like clicks either. i spend maybe an hour a month on FB. i ought to dump my browser settings into a text file and make it available. every time i go to youtube, i get very generic lists of what's popular on youtube at the time, but if i use another browser like chrome (remember Chrome is made by google) i get the opening page on yahoo showing stuff like whatever i was watching previously.
fortunately, the security exploit called Flash is being phased out, even by youtube (also owned by google). and HTML-5 embedded video it taking it's place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back