Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Who likes Google Chrome?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have become a big fan of Opera. Mostly because it has a Zoom that acts on all page contents. With IE you are luck to change the text size most of the time. Prior to Opera I used firefox.
Both IE (as of version 7) and Firefox (as of version 3) zoom all page components now.

Firefox has been dying on me lately; all images on a Google image search are now broken. Plus a few other forums I visit are flash intensive and having 10-20 tabs open at once causes FF to eat processor time like no other.

Chrome loves it, to say the least. Everything has been wonderful so far, but I'm still waiting for the final to come out before I make a more permanent switch. (Still on FF for this post!)

havent tried it either, ive always used I.E. and dont think ill change soon

There's no harm in trying something new; you've got nothing to loose and potentially, a lot to gain.

I looked thru the new features video of chrome, I couldnt see any advantage in changing from Mozilla.

Last edited:
I've heard it's supposed to be faster than Firefox and Opera but it just doesn't have enough features for me.

One very good feature that Opera has that is zoom. I does exactly what you would expect it to do. It zooms in on everything. IE is about the worst, it sort of allows you to alter text size but if the page is coded with a absolute text size it will not change. I think Mozilla/Firefox falls somewhere between the two.

3v0

What do you mean, absolute text size?

I used to use IE 7 a lot at work and it seems to zoom all the page elements with no problem.

Recently I've switched to Firefox at work because I discovered that the firwall no longer blocks it. I might try my luck with Operaand see what happens.

I have IE7 on my machine and looked at google home page. The text changes but the images do not using VIEW>TEXT_SIZE.

It looks like they fixed the 'fixed text size' not changing. It used to be that if the size was specified as in <font size="5" it would not change. Or maybe you had to specify pt or em to cause it to happen. Do not recall but I know there were a lot of nice looking web pages that would not change text size.

3v0

What do you mean, absolute text size?

I used to use IE 7 a lot at work and it seems to zoom all the page elements with no problem.

Recently I've switched to Firefox at work because I discovered that the firwall no longer blocks it. I might try my luck with Operaand see what happens.

Clicking the zoom icon on the right hand side of the status bar in IE7 zooms the whole page - pictures, absolute text and all.

Clicking the zoom icon on the right hand side of the status bar in IE7 zooms the whole page - pictures, absolute text and all.

Did you see it there but found it under page on the right hand side of the page.
Cntrl+ Cntrl- works too.

But I think I will stick with Opera. When I loaded may home page with IE7 it made a mess of the table there. I would guess that they are still refusing to follow HTML standards... industry should follow them.

This is a departure for me. I often stick up for MS.

3v0

I'm anti-Microsoft but I do support them if I see people incorrectly criticising them.

I certainly don't intend on giving up Opera either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back