Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Whistle activation system? help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mossy

PROJECT
I need to devise a system which will turn on a bulb when somebody whistles. I'm only student so please ignore some silly things i mite say.
i'm thinking:

electret mic,some kind of amplifier,filter,rectifier,comparator,Flip flop,transistor,relay.
wot ye reckon??

mossy said:
PROJECT
I need to devise a system which will turn on a bulb when somebody whistles. I'm only student so please ignore some silly things i mite say.
i'm thinking:

electret mic,some kind of amplifier,filter,rectifier,comparator,Flip flop,transistor,relay.
wot ye reckon??

What you describe will turn on with a WHOLE LOT more sounds than a whistle! You need to be able to detect "whistle" from all other noises.
A whistle is multi-tone(and varies from person to person) so you might need several bandpass filters.

Optikon said:
A whistle is multi-tone(and varies from person to person) so you might need several bandpass filters.

Try whistling and monitoring it on an oscilloscope, a whistle can be a pretty good sinewave - a 567 tone decoder PLL could be used to detect it.

i thought a clap switch might have too broad a spectrum and a whistles freq will be more specific
i could see the whistle freq on a spectrum analyser and build da circuit round that?
what components will i need?

But isn't it true that the wistle sound of different people will have a different spectrum. In that case the ckt will function for only a single person, that too if he maintains his whistle sound constant

yes very true so what is my best option??
a hand clap would have very wide (lower freq) spectrum too wud it not??alot easier to turn on by accident,no? :?:

No way, you can ensure a safe system by making your circuit activate on two claps. In this way false trigerring can be removed to a large extent. This can easily be done by devising a counter with a count of two. ie on receiving two clock pulses the output is achieved. simple.

good thinking...any circuit for me to go by or have u a basic block diagram for me to work off??
electret,amp,counter,flip flop,transistor,relay,light
wot ya reckon??

just google clap switch and the very first choice will lead you to a site ElectronicsForYou.com
It is in pdf format

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back