Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which Soldering Iron for Weller ds 801 Soldering Station?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dollarindex

Hi. Just getting giddy at the prospect of getting back into electronics. Been given a Weller ds 801 Desoldering Station.

Few questions.

1) I dont know which iron to buy. It has a 24V output with a 3 pin Bulgin type socket for the iron.

2) Can I buy any iron and just change the connector to fit. The one I have been looking at is £50

**broken link removed**

TCP TEMP CONTROLLED SOLDERING IRON (RC)
85-4850

Is this overkill? Can I get something much cheaper and simpler?

Your help will surely allow me to get started without breaking the bank. Thanks.

It appears (to me) that the 85-450 could already have the Bulgin plug. Probably best to use the "contact an expert" button on the web page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back