Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

which programming language ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hm_fa_da

hello ;

i am a student , i want to learn a computer programming language , i want to know which language is the best language for working with ports , controlling robots , and other electronics designs .

thanks.

You are probably going to end up learning a few. C++ seems to be one of the most common. There are a lot of Basic compilers available now for microcontrollers and they are easy to use. I am not a fan of assembly languages. You may be able to fit more in a particular controller but the extra time it takes gets prohibitive on the job.

Look around online for a few tutorials, try wrting some "Hello World" programs and see what you like.

thanks ,

and how is delphi for my learning , it is easier to learn for me , because my brother knows it , is it a good language to work with ports of pc ?

Delphi is a tool of the devil, Object Pascal is horrible and in-consistant.

I would recomend avoiding anything by Borland, they have made too many errors in the terms of reliablility of the compiler to ever be trusted again.

C is a simple language for accessing ports etc.
in Microsoft C++ 6
outp
inp
are the functions used for port control, if your running an NT based windows, have problems accessing the parport from user-mode. The standard way around this is a device driver that changes the Input/Output Permission Bit-Map for that process, to allow access to that port.

This method i first noticed in Dr Dobb's Journel, but a good version based on this principle is here at
**broken link removed**

C is the closest thing to a universal programming language if there was such as thing. With C you can program PICs, PCs, PDAs, and most other things. Also keep in mind that once you truely understand the main concepts of programming learning a new language will b much easier. Most languages are similar in on way or another. You just need to learn the intructions, functions, and/or API for the device you want to program. So concentrate more on the algoithms and basic programming logic used in a language. That's the most import if you want to use more than one language. Each language is good for certain things. So the more you know the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back