Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

which programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

simple&cheap

got to buy a programmer. is the pi6pro40 the way to go. will it work with most free software.,16f628 chip. do most use the printer port, kit or finished, best place to buy in the states. thanks

simple&cheap said:
got to buy a programmer. is the pi6pro40 the way to go. will it work with most free software.,16f628 chip. do most use the printer port, kit or finished, best place to buy in the states. thanks

The P16PRO40 is a fairly standard parallel port PIC programmer, it's basically an enhanced version of the original David Tait (the father of cheap PIC programmers) design.

The two leading free packages (WinPicProg and ICProg) both directly support this programmer.

As the author of WinPicProg, perhaps I'm biased?, but it was the first Windows parallel port programmer software - and ICProg looks to be based on the old 16 bit code for WinPicProg (and still includes my name in the disassembler).

The P16PRO40 is my recommended programmer, it does everything that is required in a nice standard manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back