Which Programmer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broz

As some of you may remember from another thread, I've decided to finally learn to use micro-controllers. I'm going to be using PIC's. I've been doing a lot of reading and I think I understand the programming aspect of it as best as I can without actually doing it. Now it's time to do it. I should have ordered a programmer right away, but I hesitated until I learned more. Now I'm ready to go but have no programmer. The problem is, I don't know what programmer will be best for me. I want it to be capable of programming the widest range of PIC's so that I can expand. I also don't feel like putting anything together. I'm already behind schedule of where I want to be. I want to open the box, plug it in and go. Also, I plan on doing a lot of projects where space is at a premium. I understand the 10F series is not what a beginner should start with, but this is where I'm going after I learn the basics. I understand these have to be programmed "in circuit" which adds to the difficulty. I'll need a programmer with that capability.

So which programmer should I get? Is Micro-chip's PICstart+ a good programmer?

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…