Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which Programmer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broz

As some of you may remember from another thread, I've decided to finally learn to use micro-controllers. I'm going to be using PIC's. I've been doing a lot of reading and I think I understand the programming aspect of it as best as I can without actually doing it. Now it's time to do it. I should have ordered a programmer right away, but I hesitated until I learned more. Now I'm ready to go but have no programmer. The problem is, I don't know what programmer will be best for me. I want it to be capable of programming the widest range of PIC's so that I can expand. I also don't feel like putting anything together. I'm already behind schedule of where I want to be. I want to open the box, plug it in and go. Also, I plan on doing a lot of projects where space is at a premium. I understand the 10F series is not what a beginner should start with, but this is where I'm going after I learn the basics. I understand these have to be programmed "in circuit" which adds to the difficulty. I'll need a programmer with that capability.

So which programmer should I get? Is Micro-chip's PICstart+ a good programmer?

Thank you.

Thanks blueroomelectronics. PICkit2, I second that vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back