Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which Pin only used to program the PIC

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can only program a pic via serial if you load a bootloader....

To program a pic you need to use PGC, PGD, MCLR Vdd and Vss.... Via a pickit2/3 or home made hardware.... Using software to suit the design..

The MCLR is HVP ( high voltage programming pin) this is the one that needs 12.5v+ whilst programming... Look at the circuit I showed you.

The other option is to use Nigel's hardware ( in my tutorial ). I don't think Nigel's maintains the software anymore but I'm pretty sure it does the pic16f877a

in nigel's P16Pro40 what kind of connector that he use? Sub-D 9 pin or USB type A?

for the link that u give i cant find that transistor model number in my country BC557, IC that look like comparator( i do not know the model ), 74LS06 and 4013 cant find either...

what i prefer is 1 usb to power the PIC and can also program... i make RS232 programmer board because i thought it the basic but it harder than what i think...

You buy a cable **broken link removed** about £7

Or you make the other one, on the same site, the USB one .... Its a pickit 2 clone.... But!! you'll need someone to forward you a chip with the pickit2 software on it

at my lab i can program my PIC... how to program it with the pickit2 software in it so i can use on my laptop... beside software what i need more? bootloader? firmware? how to get it and how to implement into the chip?

I built a relatively cheap pickit2 clone... It cost me less than a tenner.... pickit2's are the best way to go...

Have you used MPLAB? With MPLAB and pickit2 or 3 you can program all pics.... I have a 40 pin programming socket and two 28 pin sockets... With these I can program most chips

IMG031.jpg

I built a relatively cheap pickit2 clone... It cost me less than a tenner.... pickit2's are the best way to go...

Have you used MPLAB? With MPLAB and pickit2 or 3 you can program all pics.... I have a 40 pin programming socket and two 28 pin sockets... With these I can program most chips

View attachment 72060

i still not use MPLAB yet... i need learn MikroC Pro For PIC first... because MPLAB more complicated...

i still not use MPLAB yet... i need learn MikroC Pro For PIC first... because MPLAB more complicated...

MPLAB is not a language. It's a development environment. You can write mikroC in MPLAB. MPLAB actually makes the programming of the chip much, MUCH simpler.

MPLAB is not a language. It's a development environment. You can write mikroC in MPLAB. MPLAB actually makes the programming of the chip much, MUCH simpler.

MikroC Pro For PIC is a software of debugger i think...

back to my main question...

The training kit got 40 pin ZIF socket, if i want to program it on the Training Kit without use the ZIF socket(i think this is it name), which pin that i need to connect to the socket... what i done before i connect one ground pin(12), MCLR pin(1), RB07(40) and RB06 pin(39), both VCC pin(11,32) = PIC16F877A... result is error 10.47v... sometime i got different PIC detected... did my connection miss/misconnect?

it not international board... it just custom made from a company that supply few component in my country... but ya... they use ICD from MikroE...

The training kit got 40 pin ZIF socket, if i want to program it on the Training Kit without use the ZIF socket(i think this is it name), which pin that i need to connect to the socket... what i done before i connect one ground pin(12), MCLR pin(1), RB07(40) and RB06 pin(39), both VCC pin(11,32) = PIC16F877A... result is error 10.47v... sometime i got different PIC detected... did my connection miss/misconnect?

To get a "MCLR is low voltage" error means you have too much loading on the MCLR pin. Do you have a pullup resistor from MCLR to Vdd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back