Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which countries only buy streetlighting that's designed & built in their own country?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get the impression that no German company will try and out-play a fellow German company by importing from abroad?...because all Germans respect that this will harm Germany....and German companies, even those in competition with each other, have respect for each other, since they both know that they both contribute to Germany...and if Germany is strong, then they individually can be strong......there is a notion of "teamwork" within Germany which is to be admired.......this kind of thing does not exist in countries like UK (my Country of Birth) ....where all in UK are encouraged to "fill their boots" and screw their fellow Brit.
"Greed is good", and "there's no such thing as society" were two things that Thatcher told us.

Another point is the great German car companys…Mercedes, BMW, Volkeswagon and Audi….they are all sworn competitors…but behind the scenes they all share in depth technical trade secrets with each other……knowing that if Germany is strong, it creates the backdrop against which they all individually can be stronger.
When a senior Engineer with access to all Audi’s trade secrets leaves Audi to go and work for Mercedes…..everybody at Audi salutes the leaver, and genuinely wishes him/her all the best.
Can you imagine this sort of thing in UK?
This teamwork I also see, but to a lesser extent, between USA companies

German companies will buy from China…but only in as far as to make their industry competitive with other country’s industrys that also buy from China…….its different in UK…UK companies will buy from China in a totally frenzied greedy manner..filling their boots, screwing their fellow Brits in the process.

I get the impression that no German company will try and out-play a fellow German company by importing from abroad?...because all Germans respect that this will harm Germany....and German companies, even those in competition with each other, have respect for each other, since they both know that they both contribute to Germany...and if Germany is strong, then they individually can be strong......there is a notion of "teamwork" within Germany which is to be admired.......this kind of thing does not exist in countries like UK (my Country of Birth) ....where all in UK are encouraged to "fill their boots" and screw their fellow Brit.
"Greed is good", and "there's no such thing as society" were two things that Thatcher told us.

I don't know where you make this up from? - I suggest you check out Behringer, a German design company who have their products manufactured in China - one of many I'm sure.

..yes but Behringer's stuff is designed in Germany by Germans.

Their lighting may well be as well, but it's quite probably manufactured in China.

However, while Behringer claim 'German' design I suspect that's more just the product specification than anything else, with the actual design done in China - certainly a popular range of Behringer PA amplifiers was a direct copy of an American manufacturer (QSC - who also had them manufactured in China). It's particularly useful as Behringer circuit diagrams are difficult to get hold of (if not impossible), but you can download the QSC ones and use them :D

But in any case, your thread specified 'designed and BUILT' in their own country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back