Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

USB Hub - Interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electroenthusiast

The image in the attachment shows a cheap under 2 $ USB Hub which a friend was using today. All that i was amazed was that it had switches to control it, and this was the cheapest one i heard around while i paid even more to get one which had no switches in it.

Don't you think that switches aren't required for these at all?

Attachments

• IMG_20230104_072211.jpg
    IMG_20230104_072211.jpg
    386.8 KB · Views: 167
My question is why does a cable needs to be unplugged, when you can rather not use even it if plugged.

I guess the circuitry inside wouldn't be much complicated, with switches just closing and opening the power line. If that isn't the case, can somebody explain?

I meant they aren't required. autocorrect's a pita sometimes.

If they're plugged in they're consuming power and resources. Maybe you don't want that.
If you have them and don't care, don't use them.

I see "save earth" in your sig, so I would think it matters to you.

If you have I2C or serial components, you can get into trouble during program development. Depending on what's happening when you load code or press reset, you can leave a chip in a hung state and suddenly what was working perfectly now doesn't work at all. Getting a clean "power on" restart is a good idea sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back