Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

which components

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im googlinng xbox 360 fuse location. Anyone know how many there are and how easy they are to spot?

If you don't know what pin you even hit then how can you be sure you didn't short a 5 or 12 volt power line to a 3.3V IC? Even a brush with that kind of voltage to a 3.3V IC will end it's life and won't be obvious unless you hold it there long enough for it to go up in smoke. At any rate since you're not even sure what or where you shorted what or even when, you'll have to check every cap and resistor on the board. From a diagnosis standpoint you're screwed.

The fuse is going to be where the power plug comes in could be standard glass fuse or a poly fuse, which look almost like minature batteries, or resistors without normal colour codeing, that's the only place it's fused, if you bumped an internal connection the fuse would likley not have blown, even a dead short on an IC on the motherboard won't cause the fuse to blow but could easily over voltage an IC to the point of a silent failure. Also, since you're getting a RROD, you know the fuse isn't blown.

Can I test the cap with it still on the motherboard?

Does any one know why my other thread has been deleted?

Can I test the cap with it still on the motherboard
Does any one know why my other thread has been deleted?

hi,
The moderators will delete a duplicate thread.

My best guess looking at the posts and the symptoms you describe, I would say you have damaged one or more ic's.

You cannot fully test a cap in circuit, other components are connected to it, which will cause false readings.

if you have no experience of working with smd devices and do not have the proper items of test equipment or tools needed for smd removal or replacement do not even attempt a component level repair because you will only be creating more trouble for yrself.....i have been in the trade for a good few years now and smd removal and replacement is pretty hard depending on the device.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back