Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Radio with missing components

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyBgoode

Hi!
I have few knowledge in electronics. Still I want to repair a broken radio. I don't know where to start because I think there are components missing (someone has worked on the radio before me) and I have no schematics. There is a resistor missing on the right and some capacitors on the left. Is there a possibility to troubleshoot and repair the radio? Any tips, ideas or suggestions are very welcome :happy:
IMG_20220711_204813.jpg

It would obviously help if you gave the make and model of the radio!.

However, it's quite common for parts not to be fitted, the same board may be used in different models, and there may very well be some components not fitted in the lower spec models.

If you post a picture of the bottom of the board, it should be obvious if the parts were removed, or if they were never fitted.

There's also a diode in the middle of the board (D13?) which has been cut at one end.

Welcome::
How old is unit? Brand, Model, type of unit would help greatly. Also some circuit boards are silk screened with component locations prior to the final release of the product and unnecessary components deleted. ( the items shown missing are not likely failures) Has the reverse side of board been thoroughly examined? If you are REALLY new to electronics,,do not turn any screws or adjustments. Do you have soldering skills? Can you power the device from battery? What is exact failure mode? (Dead, no sound, statitc, am or fm only,poor reception) GUESS,GUESS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back