Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Burnt smd components in power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laserock

Hello everyone; just joined up.I am repairing a power supply model 890-PFO-1901 out of a Seiki tv model SE60GY05.I have tried everywhere to find a schematic for the set or the power supply to no avail.I would welcome ANY help from anyone! The component designations on the power supply board are--U2,,ZD2,,D5. U2 appears to have been a SOT23-5/6 hard to tell the ic blew out right above where pin 5 would have been located.The only writing on the ic was: Lp P36R. ZD2 writing was H58. D5 writing was A32. Hoping someone has worked on this power supply before or has knowledge or schematic.Anything would help.Thank you all!

Hello,
Thank you for your interests, this is the first time I have had a chance to get back to the thread.I believe I have finally solved the problem.The components crumbled once removed from the board they were burnt badly,so unfortunately no pictures-sorry.However with the writing that was left on the chips after much digging and cross-referencing from several different sources it appears that the SOT-23-6 was an LD7536R LCD power management chip w/PWM and was the one I was most concerned with obviously.I found many different designations for this I.C. but all had the same 36 or 36R in there designations. The H58 appears to be a 5.1V zener diode and the A32 a schottky fast recovery diode.All parts ordered so we will see for sure when they arrive. Again Thank you.
Laserock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back