Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where's the spanky button?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pommie

Most Helpful Member
We've now got a thanks button but where is the reciprocal one, the spank button for the naughty posters.:D

Mike.

I notice, it's replaced reputation.

But the reputation button still exists and there's still a reputation page in my private profile, what the heck?

hi,
I must say I think the 'thank you' button idea, sounds more like a 'FaceBook' site idea rather than a technical Forum.

Next thing, we will be awarding images of cows and sheep as prizes.:rolleyes:

The 'thanks' feature has been used for some time on this site however it was removed during the recent upgrade to vb4 - it was not compatible at the time. The feature was also only used on certain forums and when I installed it just now I added it to all forums. It is not meant to be a replacement for the reputation system just another way to give members credit where credit is due. The reputation system that we used was also not compatible when we upgraded and is still not supported on vb4, but when it is, it will come back as well.

I do feel that the 'thanks' fonts needs to be smaller and for it to take up a bit less space so I will work on that.

I think it's better than the reputation system.

With reputation, it's more who rates you, than how many people rate you that determines the number of pretty green squares to your name and it was possible for some nube who doesn't like being told the truth to give negative reputation. I think, the thank you system is better because it gives other people a clearer picture of someone's helpfulness, rather than how friendly they are with other regular members.

Well, my reputation has just been thrown in the bin. All those years of contributing and I'm a newby again. WTF.

Mike.

Well, my reputation has just been thrown in the bin. All those years of contributing and I'm a newby again. WTF.

Mike.
Oh oh, me thinks you may have earned a spanking for all that whining!;)

Hey HiTech,

just think, no more having to reach through the monitor, just press the button to slap someone a good one!

JimB

Hey HiTech,

just think, no more having to reach through the monitor, just press the button to slap someone a good one!

JimB
Yeah maybe so but there's nothing like experiencing "tactile" feedback from a good slap!;)

The 'thanks' feature has been used for some time on this site however it was removed during the recent upgrade to vb4 - it was not compatible at the time. The feature was also only used on certain forums and when I installed it just now I added it to all forums. It is not meant to be a replacement for the reputation system just another way to give members credit where credit is due. The reputation system that we used was also not compatible when we upgraded and is still not supported on vb4, but when it is, it will come back as well.

I do feel that the 'thanks' fonts needs to be smaller and for it to take up a bit less space so I will work on that.

I don't think there's any need to re-type, so a link is provided:
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/i-dont-want-to-be-a-newby.107383/#post879866

EDIT: BTW, thanks for hosting such a great forum.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back