Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where/what country are members from here..

Status
Not open for further replies.
btw Al....are you Val's pal that went on the 1965 trip with him doing the Europe tour??

Just checking

tvtech

No ! Curmudgeons don't have pals ! avatar5403_1.gif :D

Hello from Guam! Not to sure anyone has heard of this island. Im new to the forum so be easy on me with all the newb questions.

Hello from Guam! Not to sure anyone has heard of this island. Im new to the forum so be easy on me with all the newb questions.

Welcome. Newb question are most of the time the hardest to answer because of lack of information (about the problem). Don't be afraid to describe the problem as well as you can on your own words and you will get good answers and good discussion :)

We crossed the Pacific several times and passed quite close your place. As far as I can recall, always with good weather.

First time was after leaving Japan bound to New Zealand.

We crossed the Pacific several times and passed quite close your place. As far as I can recall, always with good weather.

First time was after leaving Japan bound to New Zealand.

if you mean heavy rainfalls that turn on a dime and humid climates then yeah its good weather. Its more humid here than anything but mostly sunny skies and clear blue beaches. Hard to resource things around here though.

if you mean heavy rainfalls that turn on a dime and humid climates then yeah its good weather. Its more humid here than anything but mostly sunny skies and clear blue beaches. Hard to resource things around here though.

I mean strong winds that if you are lucky :arghh: will rise heavy swell if not waves and I mean waves.

That first voyage I am talking about, we spent seven (yes, seven) full days rolling madly because of heavy swell until we reached Ponape. Then, sea conditions changed and everything was better until Auckland. IIRC in the Ponape area, weather was extremely humid / rainy.

Welcome aboard! As misterT pointed before, any bit information is helpful, even if it would seem minor

As I started this "string"....uhm "thread"...good to see some new posts here.

Nothing worse than a "sticky" that stays @ the top but never gets used....

So I request Members/Newbies to advantage of the benefits of having a place where your Posts get noticed first.
And of course...Welcome to Markovich.

This thread goes Off Topic from time to time....I have no problem with that at all :)
As long as we are talking all is good :)

Enjoy Guys,
tvtech

I do believe I have not yet posted in this thread, so here goes:
Originally from the UK, but currently living and working in Bermuda!

I do believe I have not yet posted in this thread, so here goes:
Originally from the UK, but currently living and working in Bermuda!

Hey Mick

Bermuda sounds idyllic...you like it there?:)

Regards,
tvtech

Hey Mick

Bermuda sounds idyllic...you like it there?:)

Regards,
tvtech
Oh, absolutely.
I was here before, for almost 8 years, but I got enticed into and took a job back in the UK which didn't play out the way it was intended to be. There was a little ill-feeling as a result at first, then following a 6 month hiatus, I took a few more UK positions and eventually resigned myself to the fact that the UK was not where I wanted to be. This took another 7 years.
Now, I have my second wind here and will see how it goes. I'm settled into a pretty spacious place, with a great landlord who has allowed me to create a veggie patch, keep a few chickens and basically do as I please, as long as I am not disturbing anyone.
I work with a great bunch of people, mostly locals, plus a few other ex-pats from various parts of the world.
I get to fish pretty often and bring home some of the catch, especially after being designated the new 'surgeon' (I leave very little meat on the fish racks!)
We aim for Wahoo and Tuna primarily, by trolling lures at around 6-7 Knots, live-baits a bit slower, but will also stop and do a bit of chumming for bottom fish, which get filleted.

Idyllic?
Compared to the opportunities I had in my home town in the UK...... I'd definitely say so! I have a sister, who is very well travelled..... 56 different countries thus far.... who has been here 3 times now. She still cannot get over the colour of the ocean and the beach sand.... and she has been to some of the Worlds finest destinations.

Regards TV,
Mick.

I work with a great bunch of people, mostly locals, plus a few other ex-pats from various parts of the world.

Electronics related, M?

Not strictly Agustin, automotive - mostly diagnostics, which an understanding of electronics helps with, plus a lot of major mechanical work.

Hi Mick

Diverse bunch of people here..we all speak a common language though....Electronics???

Nah...food and good stuff to eat is what I need right now on my little thread....I bought Samoosas today from the shop next door...apparently the food is excellent because they canno't keep up with what they make :p always running out of munchies...

First bite coming up shortly...I bagged two brand new one's this Morning when they opened:)

All I need now is to warm them up a little.

happy chappy me :p

Updated......

Yuck...probably the most confused food to eat EVER...

Smells good, looks good....tastes like crap. Fills you up but you cannot describe what it tasted like...because your belly is full...and you cannot describe what you have just eaten :nailbiting::nailbiting:.

How crazy is that....never again will "food" confuse me....I really do not know what I just ate :nailbiting::nailbiting:

All the best,
tvtech

Last edited:
Ok TV, try this one:
Pork steaks, pounded with a 'tenderiser' hammer (Mallet).
Season pork with salt & pepper and set aside.
Chop some potatoes into chunks around 3/4 to 1" across and 1/2" thick.
Boil the potatoes until they fall off a fork and set aside to drain the water off.
Coat the pork steaks with flour, beat an egg in a bowl, then coat the pork with the egg.
In a large plastic bag, sprinkle a good amount of breadcrumbs, then put in the pork steaks.
Twist the bag top to create an air-space and shake the pork steaks to ensure an even coating of breadcrumbs.
Chop a large onion into 1/4" pieces and set aside.
Bring a shallow frying pan up to heat, on a medium setting, and add a knob of butter.
Add the onions and stir until they start to brown.
Add the drained potatoes and continue stirring until the potatoes also start to brown.
Once browned, put the pan with the onions and potatoes into a warm oven.
Again, on a medium setting, add another knob of butter to a shallow frying pan.
Fry the pork until the breadcrumb coating turns a golden brown and flip it over, to make the other side golden brown.
Slap it all on a plate and add a healthy amount of HP sauce.
Enjoy!

Thanks Mick. I will definitely try the recipe when I get to town again :)

Anyway, I survived what I ate :wideyed:

And today is a Public Holiday here so I am just moseying around here on ETO.

Buggerall else to do. I will try and behave :woot:

Regards,
tvtech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back