Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where do you get your parts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i mostly buy from ELFA or Tevalo. Tevalo is actually just a reseller of elfa (and also lots of other stuff from all kinds of places)

There is a small chain of stores in Canada called Sayal that sells clearance or liquidated parts and small electronic items. I bought some 5V/2A switching name-brand wall-warts for about $2.00 each and they work great. I also found some unusually small pots there. :lol:

audioguru said:
There is a small chain of stores in Canada called Sayal that sells clearance or liquidated parts and small electronic items. I bought some 5V/2A switching name-brand wall-warts for about $2.00 each and they work great. I also found some unusually small pots there. :lol:

But did you want some "unusually small pots"?

Or will they be sat in a drawer in 20 years time :lol:

I've got bits like that as well!.

Nigel Goodwin said:
But did you want some "unusually small pots"?

Or will they be sat in a drawer in 20 years time :lol:
He, he. I used them all the same day I bought them, then went back to get more and used them all too. I even went to another branch of their store to get more when I took all the ones in the 1st store. :lol:

Attachments

• pots.jpg
    pots.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 504
Not much sits in a drawer by the look of it at Audioguru's place :D

-- finally a use for AOL CD's --- ( other than coasters :D )

Ever go to Active Surplus on Queen Street - Audioguru? Not what it once was, but you can still spend quite a bit of time digging around in the salvage, ideas jumping out all over the place.

Each time I go to that old Queen St. joint I see the same stuff and the same people. Sure I've purchased things there, but I haven't seen anyone else purchase anything, and it gets crowded.

I bought a 1" speaker to replace the wimpy piezo in my son's alarm clock. An MC34119 amp (bridged) drives it pretty loudly. Alas, it doesn't wake my son but wakes everyone else in my neighborhood.
Can you hear it? :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back