Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where do free energy crackpots find all the money for decent gear?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueroomelectronics

Here's yet another in a long line of overunity types. It's just endless.
This one is called Dr. Ronald Stiffler.
**broken link removed**
I wonder where and what is Doctorate (if any) came from / is? I'll hazard a guess it's not science.
**broken link removed**
Just look at all the gear, it's like the shelves at Toronto Surplus.

I have often wondered the same thing, but I can only assume they get their money from other over unified- energy freaks who buy into their alternative perpetual crap.:rolleyes:

Or, live off of the gov't.

This "Blacklight Power" guy got the money from his dad. That's where I'm guessing most of it comes from - mommy and daddy. Spoiled rich kids. Their parents told them they were smart and they believed it, wholeheartedly! Too lazy to actually crack open a book or anything, they just jump into it, spending their trust fund or inheritance on shiny lab gear and figure anything they do will be brilliant. Arrogance + stupidity + money.

Last edited:
I told my parents they were smart and they told me to get a job and go to college. No free money here - I wish the "Im smart" line worked on every parent!

The photo only shows about US$25K worth of surplus stuff.

A PhD in one field doesn't automatically mean an understanding of physics or thermodynamics even if it produces a good income.

There was a guy on Dragon's Den (CBC) a few weeks ago who was pitching his tabletop black box that multiplied the capacity of a little battery into killowatt-hours of steady power. I laughed and laughed while he gave his spiel, but he actually got one of the dragons to agree to fund him for something like $200K (after doing some due diligence). I couldn't believe it! And this was no polished salesman, no sir, just a classic nerd who just escaped from the basement and forgot to tuck in his wrinkled shirt. Seems like its pretty easy to get free money for this kind of thing.

There was a guy on Dragon's Den (CBC) a few weeks ago who was pitching his tabletop black box that multiplied the capacity of a little battery into killowatt-hours of steady power. I laughed and laughed while he gave his spiel, but he actually got one of the dragons to agree to fund him for something like $200K (after doing some due diligence). I couldn't believe it! And this was no polished salesman, no sir, just a classic nerd who just escaped from the basement and forgot to tuck in his wrinkled shirt. Seems like its pretty easy to get free money for this kind of thing.

You need to read the existing thread about it - the programme was heavily editted to make it appear that they offered him money, in reality they apparently dismissed him as a crank.

As I understand it, the money was contingent on a working prototype. Ha ha ha neener neener sha, zif!

The photo only shows about US$25K worth of surplus stuff.

ONLY $25,000 worth of lab gear. I like to imagine there's some young experimenter out there, logging into this or a similar electronics forum, who will discover a cheap way to get phosphorous out of wastewater using a couple of batteries and a 555 timer. Or something like that, some discovery or invention that's actually useful, something that's actually real. He's probably like a lot of these guys who just have a multimeter for test equipment.

Meanwhile, there's a load of crackpots building monuments to their conceit in bench equipment. My favorite quote from Steorn was Sean McCarthy saying "We've either created an over-unity device, or we have thousands of dollars of test equipment that's wrong."

Yeah, that's it. Must be. :)

i used to have a set of glasses just like the one he has sitting right behind the mouse.

just thought y'all might have wanted to know that...

I have that same Meili spectrum analyzer.

And I have some red and black wires!

JimB

I would really like to have a DSS and I see all the free energy shots all with them. Someone funds them or they have credit cards.

Makes me think what a waste of equipment. But with wife, kids, house, etc. I will stick with my plain old tektronix dual trace, at least it has storage.

If you watch the guys video, he sounds like one of the old school video narrators from the 1970. Sort of creepy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back