Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where buy 24LC1024?

Status
Not open for further replies.
May be no one has stocked it yet. What you can do is connect four 24LC256 on same I2C bus giving different ID to each IC through its A0, A1 and A2 pins. This way also you'll get 128kB EEPROM.
For example,
Code:
IC     A2,A1,A0   Address
IC1  - 000        0
IC2  - 001        1
IC3  - 010        2
IC4  - 011        3
You can connect upto 8 24xxx ICs on same I2C bus.

I am sorry but I haven't used PICBASIC. If you post your sample code, I can tell you where you have to make changes.

Like kinjalgp, I also don't use PicBASIC, but to address different chips just requires changes to the address part of the I2C code. The larger EEPROM's use 2 byte addressing (whereas smaller chips only use one), it's all explained in the EEPROM datasheets.

SPI

Sorry, don't know the answer to that one, I haven't used PicBasic. SPI is a simpler interface to implement from scratch, it's a non-issue if your micro has an I2C interface built-in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back